Thursday 5 March 2015

Wishful Thinking - Mixed Media Place

 Hello people! I'm back today with my first project for Mixed Media Place. I'm really looking forward to working on this wonderfully talented team :)



My first project is a continuation of my journal, inspired somewhat by the Two Angels painting by Rapheal. Journals are a great way to express your thoughts, feelings and creativity leaving you plenty of scope to play. The photo fit in rather well with the wings (from the internet) which I printed and cut out.


I've used 3D gel to adhere paper strips and resist canvas then painted over with Heavy Gesso. To add colour I've used Ecoline inks and tea then highlighting embellishments with Micro Beads and gold Silks paint.






There's lots of layering going on in this project, using paper scraps, hole reinforcers, resist canvas and velcro pads!




Have a great day whatever you're up to!



No comments:

Post a Comment