Sunday 5 June 2011

2,4,6


This is my entry for this week's challenges at :

The Shabby Tearoom 2 papers, 4 buttons, 6 layers
Cardpatterns sketch
Samuel Taylors 'Male Cards'
Simon Says Stamps 'Fathers Day / Male'


Now the 2,4,6 thing was a bit of a headache...you get so used to putting as many layers on as you want, so it's really challenging when you have to rein yourself in! It took many attempts to get it right lol. So I've used : 2 layers of paper, my border strip, then doily scallop and crackle star. Phew! I have stuck to two papers, which were double sided :)




The large star is die cut chipboard painted with crackle paint, which I layered with my handmade star button, which was die cut from the newsprint paper heat embossing with clear glitter powder and glossy accent-ed, finished with a small star button.





Echo Park 'For The Record' papers
Alphabet digi stamps, Pink Petticoat
Glossy Accents
Martha Stewart border punch
Crackle paint
Doily, Wild Orchid Crafts
Twine, The Ribbon Girl



11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Fran, I love all the layered stars x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWOWOW ... this is simply wonderful! All the attention to detail is fabulous -- I adore the handmade star from newsprint paper! Thanks for sharing your card with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous...love your take on a masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!!! Love wvery gorgeous detail!!! Thanks so much for sharing your adorable card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, fabulous colours and so many stunning details, I especially love the crackled star!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! love the colors and the details.
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your experience really shows in this gorgeous card. The unexpected black background shows everything off so perfectly. Glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card Fran.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the use of the Echo Park papers!
    Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant card Fran! I love those papers and what a clever idea. I find men's cards so hard to do so I shall be taking inspriration from your wonderful card when I do my dads card this weekend x

    ReplyDelete